A local news station recently released the top areas in Tampa Bay where the most DUI-related car accidents occur in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties. Their research is based upon thousands of DUI crash records that involved either injuries or fatalities,or those that reached Casper law firm helping to cope with DUI claims, dating back over the last six years.
Below are the 10 most dangerous intersections by county:
- I-275 at I-4 (ranked as the number one DUI hot spot with 34 accidents, 13 injuries and two fatalities)
- The Howard Franklin Bridge at West Shore Plaza
- I-75 at State Road 60 and East Hillsborough Avenue at Orient Road
- 34th Street North and Ulmerton (ranked as the number one DUI hot spot in Pinellas County with 36 DUI crashes, 18 injuries and two fatalities)
- Four different intersections on U-S 19 between Palm Harbor and Clearwater
- U-S 19 at Sunray Drive and U-S 19 at State Road 595 (ranked as top two most dangerous intersections in Pasco County with 44 accidents and 21 injuries)
- I-75 at State Road 54 in Wesley Chapel (third most dangerous with 19 crashes, 8 injuries and one fatality)
For an interactive map showing the various locations and the number of incidents reported, click here.
Attorney TJ Grimaldi commented on the DUI hot spot research findings and said, “There are so many options now for transportation, if you are going to drink leave your car keys at home. It is the safest way to assure that you make it home alive. But if you find yourself in a position of being charged with a DUI contact me as I can help fight the lasting effects that the DUI will have on you.”
If you have questions related to DUI or accidents resulting from DUI in Tampa Bay, please contact attorney TJ Grimaldi today.